The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business-critical applications.
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed monitoring & analytics solutions for the cloud? Do you love the idea of working in an environment with the excitement of a start-up, but the financial backing of a Fortune 100 company? You will be joining a fast-growing venture that offers a lot of autonomy and a lot of variety. This role offers huge upside potential, high visibility, and fast career growth. This is a unique opportunity to work with smart people to solve complex problems in distributed systems, data processing, metrics collection, data analytics, network monitoring, multi-tenant Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) operating at a massive scale.
Our customers want higher availability, more visibility, greater network security, better network performance and throughput, better capacity planning, root cause analysis, and prediction of failures. We help Oracle build the best-in-class cloud monitoring solution to provide performance monitoring, what-if analysis, root cause analysis, prediction, and capacity planning for Oracle's global cloud network infrastructure. Our mission is to build monitoring services that comprehensively view, analyze, plan, and optimize to scale and operate our networks.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will design and develop software including automated test suites for major components in our Network Monitoring & Analytics Stack. You should be comfortable at building complex distributed systems involving a huge amount of data handling - collecting metrics, building data pipelines, and analytics for real-time processing, online processing, and batch processing. Prior experience in coding is required. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
A great software engineer will make all the difference in delivering quality solutions to our customers. Are you passionate about designing, developing, testing, and delivering cloud services? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to be an integral part of a truly great team? Come join us!
As a Senior Member of Technical Staff on the Core Networking Control Services team, you will help design and develop highly scalable and performant cloud services to manage a growing fleet of networking devices. You will be one of the engineers responsible for implementing, deploying and operating a highly available, and secure cloud services. You will design and develop code, unit tests, integration tests, use CI/CD pipeline for pre-production functionality, performance, and scalability testing. You will participate in our on-call rotation to monitor our service fleet.
* 4+ years of experience in software development developing large scale distributed services/applications
* Proficiency in Java/Python/C++ and Object-Oriented programming
* Excellent knowledge of data structures, search/sort algorithms
* Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Knowledge of cloud computing & networking technologies including monitoring services
* Experience developing service-oriented systems
* Exposure to Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Storm, open TSDB, Elastic Search or other distributed compute platforms
* Experience developing automated test suites
* Experience with Jira, Confluence, BitBucket
* Knowledge of Scrum & Agile Methodologies
**Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates.**
**Range and benefit information provided in this posting are specific to the United States only**
Hiring Range: from $74,800 to $178,200 per annum. May be eligible for bonus and equity.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, market conditions and locations, as well as reflect Oracle’s differing products, industries and lines of business.
Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
1. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
2. Short term disability and long term disability
3. Life insurance and AD&D
4. Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
5. Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
6. Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
7. 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
8. Paid time off: Flexible Vacation is provided to all eligible employees assigned to a salaried (non-overtime eligible) position. Accrued Vacation is provided to all other employees eligible for vacation benefits. For employees working at least 35 hours per week, the vacation accrual rate is 13 days annually for the first three years of employment and 18 days annually for subsequent years of employment. Vacation accrual is prorated for employees working between 20 and 34 hours per week. Employees working fewer than 20 hours per week are not eligible for vacation.
9. 11 paid holidays
10. Paid sick leave: 72 hours of paid sick leave upon date of hire. Refreshes each calendar year. Unused balance will carry over each year up to a maximum cap of 112 hours.
11. Paid parental leave
12. Adoption assistance
13. Employee Stock Purchase Plan
14. Financial planning and group legal
15. Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry.
In order to nurture the talent that makes this happen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates and values diverse insights and perspectives, a workforce that inspires thought leadership and innovation.
Oracle offers a highly competitive suite of Employee Benefits designed on the principles of parity, consistency, and affordability. The overall package includes certain core elements such as Medical, Life Insurance, access to Retirement Planning, and much more. We also encourage our employees to engage in the culture of giving back to the communities where we live and do business.
At Oracle, we believe that innovation starts with diversity and inclusion and to create the future we need talent from various backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles. to perform crucial job functions.
That’s why we’re committed to creating a workforce where all individuals can do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued that we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer ***** . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
*** Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer**