Updated October 1, 2023
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose aggregated information about the use of our websites and mobile applications, which does not contain Personal Information. We may share Personal Information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the websites or mobile applications.
We use third parties to provide web analytics on our site. When you sign up for our websites or mobile applications, we will share aggregate click data as necessary for the third party to provide that service.
Information We Collect and How We Use That Information
- deliver our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- perform ad tracking and website or mobile application analytics;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms and Conditions;
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection;
Should you choose to purchase services, your credit card information will be stored by a third party provider, who uses this information for billing purposes only. If we have trouble processing your order, we will use your information to contact you. We use third parties to provide credit card processing services on our website. These third parties are prohibited from using your credit card information for any other purpose.
While building your personal profile you will be asked to provide Personal Information and contact information, such as name, email address, and zip code. This information is part of your personal profile and we may use such information for data analysis and general demographic information. You may also provide a detailed CV or resume. Your resume as well as your Personal Information will viewable by third parties such as employers and when we are legally obligated to disclose such information as described below.
By entering your mobile phone number(s) in Pipeline during registration or in your job match profile:
- You acknowledge and represent to Futures, Inc. that you are the current wireless service plan subscriber and/or an authorized user of the mobile phone number(s) that you link to (sign up to receive) the text alert/messages service, or you have been granted permission by the wireless service plan subscriber and/or authorized user of the mobile phone number(s) to enroll the mobile phone number(s) in the service;
- You grant Futures, Inc. express permission to send automated text messages to the enrolled mobile phone number(s) through your wireless phone carrier unless and until such permission is revoked in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and
- By granting such permission to Futures, Inc., you are hereby requesting to receive text messages in spite of the fact that your mobile phone number(s) may otherwise be on the federal, or a state's, Do Not Call List and you agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
In your use of our websites or mobile applications, we also store such information as jobs you’ve applied to, jobs you’ve viewed, your resume, and similar information. We track clickstream data to monitor utilization and ensure first-class customer experience.
We post customer reviews on our website, which may contain Personal Information such as the customer’s name. We will obtain the customer’s consent prior to posting the review to post their name along with their review.
We may be legally obligated to disclose Personal Information to the government or to third parties when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on the websites and mobile applications. Additionally, although we employ industry-standard security measures, third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. As such, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will not be disclosed to third parties.
Links to Outside Survey Participation
You may receive prompts to participate in surveys about your experience with our website. These surveys are conducted by third parties as a way to identify whether your use of the websites meet certain objectives and user needs. The surveys are completely voluntary and you may choose to opt out at any time. The data collected from these surveys, including any Personal Information, are completely confidential and are safely stored by external evaluators. The data and information obtained are in no way tied to potential opportunities and will only be used in aggregate form to help third parties determine successes and barriers with your website use experience.
If you wish to subscribe to our email communications, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe. Please see the Opt-out section.
K-12 Student Information
Information We Collect
We collect and maintain the following types of information about K-12 students:
- Student Identifiers: This includes student names, unique student identifiers, such as student ID numbers, and contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers.
- Course Information: Information about the courses students are enrolled in, including course schedules, assignments, and assessments.
- School Association: This includes the students school, counselor, and any other extra educational organizations the student may be a part of.
How We Use Student Information
We use student information strictly for educational purposes and at the direction of the School. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Instructional Purposes: To provide educational services, including instruction, graduation planning, and assessments, to support students' academic progress.
- Communication: To communicate with students and their families regarding educational matters, including announcements, progress reports, and important school-related information.
- Research and Analysis: To improve our educational programs and services, we may use de-identified and aggregated data for research, analysis, and statistical purposes.
- Compliance: To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including FERPA and COPPA.
Disclosure of Student Information
We do not sell or rent student information to third parties for any purpose. We may disclose student information in the following limited circumstances:
- School Officials: We may share student information with school officials who have a legitimate educational interest in the information, such as teachers, administrators, and support staff.
- Authorized Third Parties: We may share student information with trusted third parties who provide educational services to the School, but only to the extent necessary to fulfill those services, such as Clever.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose student information when required by law, court order, or to protect the rights, safety, and property of students, the School, or others.
We implement appropriate security measures to protect student information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Access to student information is restricted to authorized personnel who are trained in the proper handling of sensitive data.
Retention of Student Information
K-12 students and their families have certain rights regarding their student information, including the right to access, correct, and limit the use and disclosure of their information. For more information about these rights and how to exercise them, please contact us at [email protected].
When you register for our websites or mobile applications, we use your email address to send you internal communications from our websites or mobile applications. If you’ve registered to receive email communications from us and later change your mind, you may contact us to have your name removed from our distribution lists. You may choose to opt-out of any of our communications by changing your account settings. Please go to Notification Settings and follow the instructions there in order to opt-out of communications from us.
Internet Protocol Address
Like most websites, we collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses from all visitors to the websites. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our websites, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the websites, and deliver customized, personalized content.
Updating Your Personal Information
If your Personal Information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or deactivate it by making the change on your Account Settings page or by emailing our Customer Support at [email protected] .
Use of Web Beacons
Our websites may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited those pages. Web beacons are not used to access Personal Information; they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about our website usage. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. You may not decline web beacons, however, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. These websites have implemented and follows industry standard measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of Personal Information. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our website that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of this website. When you enter sensitive information (such as income level and credit card information) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any such Personal Information.
Our websites contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website over which our websites have no control and will bear no responsibility. Often these sites require you to enter your Personal Information as you apply for a job directly with the hiring company. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such websites as their policies may differ from ours.
Futures Inc. is located at 4819 Emperor Blvd. Suite 305, Durham, NC 27703. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us at [email protected].
If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
TRUSTe will then serve as a liaison with us to resolve your concerns.