IT Asset Management Analyst II
Apply now »
Date: Dec 7, 2023
Location: PHOENIX, AZ, US, 85021-1808
Arizona Public Service generates clean, reliable and affordable energy for 2.7 million Arizonans. Our service territory stretches across the state, from the border town of Douglas to the vistas of the Grand Canyon, from the solar fields of Gila Bend to the ponderosa pines of Payson. As the state’s largest and longest-serving energy provider, our more than 6,000 dedicated employees power our vision of creating a sustainable energy future for Arizona.
Since our founding in 1886, APS has demonstrated a strong commitment to our customers in one of the country’s fastest growing states, earning a reputation for customer satisfaction, shareholder value, operational excellence and business integrity.
Our present and future success depends on the creative and dedicated people of our company who demonstrate the principles outlined in the APS Promise: Design for Tomorrow, Empower Each Other and Succeed Together.
Responsible for administration and negotiation of software acquisitions, compliance, maintenance and license renewals and associated budget and forecasting. Assist with the development of enterprise-wide IT purchasing standards and procedures. Manages entitlement records and license/maintenance agreements.
Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or related field and 2 years' of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
Requires working technical knowledge gained through experience within a job area or system
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of Software Asset Management
- Knowledge of digital technology asset life cycle management processes and supporting - tools and services,
- Knowledge of IT applications, operations, service and support organizations; Data processing, analysis and quality management tools
- Understanding of IT business continuity, cybersecurity, integrated risk management and optimization methodologies is highly desirable, along with knowledge of IT management.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial and Budget Acumen
- Basic contract negotiation skills
Nuclear requirement: Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member.
Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities. These are a condition of employment at PVNGS.
1) Participates in the establishment and implementation of hardware and software acquisition, protection, maintenance and retention policies, standards and procedures aligned with IT standards and strategy
2) Investigates hardware and software products; evaluates and recommends products based on available metrics, intended usage and financial impact
3) Reviews licenses and/or contracts to ensure that hardware and software equipment is covered by the contract and properly documented
4) Coordinates with the procurement function to interview, select and negotiate with hardware and software vendors in order to purchase the appropriate items at the lowest cost
5) Gather moderately complex data on, and provide analysis of, activities that have an impact on the value, cost and risk of technology assets including budget and forecasting
6) Ensure accurate and timely reporting, and that data completeness and quality issues are quickly identified and escalated to the responsible data or process owners
7) Identify and report on compliance to IT Asset Management policies, recommend and track remedial action
8) May provide guidance, training, and assistance to entry level employees
Key Level Differentiators:
1) Works to achieve operational targets within job area with direct impact on department results
2) Implements or supports projects/assignments, under limited supervision
3) Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives or goals of projects and assignments
4) Work is of limited scope, typically on moderate to complex issues
5) Decisions have low impact on own and related job family and department
Export Compliance / EEO Statement
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, 'U.S. Export Control Laws'). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ('Pinnacle West') maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster. View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
This position is not required to be performed at a specific APS facility as long as adequate technology and a solid ergonomic set up are present. Pending agreement with leadership, employees hired into this role will be able to choose where they prefer to perform their work. Employees will have two options to choose from:
+ APS office based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from an APS facility.
+ Home based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from his/her home.
*Employees in Flex roles are required to reside in Arizona (or NM for Four Corners-based employees). Role types are subject to change based on business need.